Friday, July 28, 2023

My birthday

 7:15 PM and I could go right to sleep!  Had a big day. 

Nurse Julie came for Casey so Gene could work and I could have a day out. 

Chris came over about 9:30 and then Peggy and Julia picked us up. We headed to The Shelburne Museum. I’ve been many times but the most recent was several years ago and every time the experience is different. They have their regular collections but they also have lots of changing exhibits. 

It was a pretty hot and muggy day but I think we did well. We didn’t complain much!  There are lots of buildings—some modern and some old, some air conditioned and many not!  So we were in and out a lot.  

We had lunch in the cafe.  Nothing extravagant, but it was quiet and clean and the food was good.  Chris and I split a chicken salad sandwich.  Had some chips and iced tea.  Peggy and I had a vanilla/chocolate twist creemee.  It wasn't the best ever, but it was very refreshing.  

I definitely loved the carousel.  I also loved the Mary Cassats and Monets that are in the regular collection.  The circus train (I think 200' long!) was super cool to see again.  And all the period doll houses were awesome.  The Ticonderoga was cool, too.  Dad would have been pleased that we checked it out.  

We did A LOT of walking.  Peggy said her Apple watch said 8000 some odd steps, and that was just at the museum, let alone the rest of the day,.  We only took the shuttle (extra long golf cart kinda thing) once.  It was a nice relief and the breeze was wonderful.

AND GET THIS!  I did not buy anything in the gift shop!  My purse was in the car, so I would have had to have someone else buy it for me, but I didn't feel compelled to buy anything.  It's all beautiful merchandise and I could have picked one of everything but I really am trying to minimize and downsize.  I have pictures to remember our day.  

Made it home by 3 something.  Made it in time to do Book group with Casey.  It was movie day so we watched the new 2023 The Little Mermaid.  

I also got some nice gifts but I won't detail them here :)  I will say that Chris got me an air purifier with a reusable air filter.  We've never had one, believe it or not.  I'm hoping to use it in our bedroom--carpet, dog, cat, etc.  

I'll also say that I enjoyed all the texts, calls and Facebook posts!  It's really fun to read them all, thank you!


Loved the carousel!



The Ticonderoga



Chris in jail!

Me in jail.



Purple flowers for Connor

Casey insisted I open his gift,  "Mom open now.  Present.  Open."  So it was late but Gene took it out of the freezer and unveiled it!  It was a homemade icecream cake that Casey and Nurse Staci made!  It's never too late for icecream so I had a piece before bed :)  It was very yummy.  Gene said they were doing all sorts of things in the kitchen, mixing and crushing and using the Kitchen Aid.  He was very proud.
Here we are at the unveiling.  Best picture that I could get.  If Gene took it, it wouldn't have been much better, haha.

See the cookies in it and the sprinkles??  Yum.

I was very happy when Deb came and I could head up to bed.  Took a while to wind down, but when I fell asleep, I was zonked!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful time was had! I know I said it a little earlier, but happy birthday again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic sounding day! And way to go Casey! What an awesome surprise to come home too. Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why it’s anonymous. This was Kim S

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had a wonderful birthday! I can see why Casey was excited for you to open his present! What a way to end the day by having something sweet and yummy before bed! He and Nurse Staci did a great job it looks delich!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted at 7:43 pm - mine also posted anonymous! Brenda Steady

    ReplyDelete