Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Back to book club

Highlight of the day was getting back to book club. I only teared up once!  Okay, maybe twice. 

We had Shannon and Addy, me and Casey, Jennifer and Hannah, Christy and Sara, Sarah and Stella, and Karen!  Sara managed to stay on the whole time. She’s not much of a book person but maybe we can hook her in. Shannon started The Witch of Blackbird Pond. It’s a little bit more ‘serious’ book than we’ve read lately. I hope the kids will like it. 

Karen was kinda on and off listening. She babysat her niece and nephew today so she was busy.  

At one point, Casey said “Karen looks sad. Casey sad.”  (Never have figured out why he uses his name instead of “I”. Actually, I don’t know where the word I is on his device. I mean, it’s not very hard to find the letter I and select it, but Casey doesn’t like to use the keyboard.  Note to self: something we need to work on. 

What else. Both enteral and medical supplies came this evening at like 8PM!  I feel for the UPS people!  Such a muggy day. 

Oh I was nurse Mom last night. Casey was a restless one. Finally towards morning he slept better and didn’t need as much flipping or attention. Nurse Mom on again tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad book club went well! It had to be so weird without Connor, but I'd bet good money he was still there, just not like he should be💜

    Casey has such a heart of gold. Hearing that had to be heartbreaking! I hope tonight goes smoother than last night, and you all can get some much needed rest💗

    ReplyDelete