Friday, November 16, 2012

humanity restored

Over the summer, a Milton woman saw my post about our Wheels for O'Neills tag sale we were holding.  She said that if we wanted, she'd donate a truck cap to us if Gene came and picked up.  Well, he picked it up.  He didn't really have it where people could see it at the yard sale so it's sat here since.  He put it on Craig's List and got a couple of hits but not one was interested enough to come and look at it until today.

The guy came, looked at it, decided he wanted it.  He only had $120 cash on him.  Gene helped him put the cap onto his truck.   The guy said he'd go to the credit union and come back.  I had my doubts.  I didn't even meet the guy but I know Gene has been screwed in the past.

Two times stand out in my mind.  Once, there was a woman who bought one of his old cars.  She wrote him a check and it was never good.  I can't remember the details but there was a lot of talk and no action.  Another time, he sold a car to a guy who he kind of knew.  Same thing--but the guy was supposed to give him cash, etc.  Nothing.  I'm still pissed.

But, today, the guy came back and quickly, too!  So, now we have $300 more for our Wheels for O'Neills van fund, whoo hoo!

..................

Colin made Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Treats today.   The class was to find non-bake recipes and bring them in.  Then they practiced halving the recipe and doubling and tripling it, etc.  Today they actually got to make their recipes in groups.  Colin did his while in his stander.  We rolled him into the kitchen and he helped us measure and pour and then helped pat down the treats in the pan.  He kind of complained more than normal about being uncomfortable but I think he liked doing it anyway.

Seeeeee!!  They were yummy!

Colin's class watched Soul Surfer (I guess one of the core values of the school is perseverance) and Colin watched a lot of it but when it was time for him to end school (he ends early some days) he decided he had enough.  He's so funny because here he is at home looking at a TV and on the TV is a TV that he's watching the movie on.  He's never complained about that.  A movie is a movie is a movie to him and he'll watch when ever he has a chance under any circumstances, lol.  But today, the class room had echoes and it was hard to hear.  One of these days I'll rent it for both boys to watch.  It's not on Netflix yet. 

Julia and I made Creamy Asparagus Soup today.  We've had some asparagus in the fridge for a while and I knew it wouldn't be tasty if we steamed them so I found a recipe that looked pretty easy and good.   Julia did some of the prep and I did the rest.   It really turned out good.  Right before you serve you're supposed to put a pat of butter and a squirt of fresh lemon in and boy, that made it delicious to the max!

Creamy Asparagus Soup



I really wanted some crusty bread to pair with this for dinner but that didn't happen.  Why you wonder?  Well, because our animals did not cooperate.  I hadn't brought Jaxon out for a good Frisbee-play for several days and he was looking pretty anxious so Gene said to go ahead and bring him out.  I was done playing after awhile (he had a GRAND time flying through the air and snatching the Frisbee high in the air!) but Jaxon was not.  He sat down with the Frisbee under his foot and just looked at me when called him to come in.  He's been doing this lately and it is not a good thing.  Gene couldn't get him in either.   Gene was grumpy so he said he was going to the store to get some beer (long week at work for him).  That left me with caring for two needy boys and a dog that was loose outside.  It was starting to get dark so I went out the back to see if he'd come and MOXIE snuck out!    So I had two needy, medically fragile boys inside and a dumb dog outside and an INSIDE cat outside.  Nice.   I called Gene and he got his beer, but not my bread.   Sigh.  I finally got Moxie in.  It took about an hour and a half before Ding-dong decided he was hungry and then he came in.  This dog needs some training!

Boys are in bed.  Dada is reading a Captain Underpants book.  ---to the boys, that is.   I'm heading up.  Boys have off all week.  No Nancy  tomorrow; just us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment