Monday, November 12, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness-Day 12- A Gadget

This will be short.  I'll truly stick to a gadget being a gadget and say I'm thankful for my egg slicer.  Yes, my egg slicer.  The other day I made some hard boiled eggs (actually, it was the day that Sandy was to come through and I thought hard boiled eggs would be a good, easy food to eat if we lost power).  The next day I decided to go ahead and make egg salad which is not something I do very often.  I like other people's egg salad better than mine.  I especially like the egg salad sandwiches that are served at the church bazaars--but I digress.  I took out the egg slicer and sliced egg.  Then I got a revelation--what if I held the egg together and turned it so it would slice in the other direction.  Wow, it was a beautifully sliced/cut up egg which was perfect for making egg salad!  I added in some mayo, salt and pepper and cut up some bread and butter pickles (I didn't have any relish).   Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment