Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness-Day 7-A scent

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 7: A scent

I love the scent of my boys. I can tell whose tee shirt is whose just by taking a sniff :) I love the smell of horses, and the smell of a horse barn. I love the smell of puppies. But, the smell

that I am most thankful for is that of lemon. I love all citrus fruits but I absolutely LOVE the smell of lemons!! The smell perks me up and makes me smile. Aunt Chris Canosa drinks a lot of iced tea. She tends to leave her cups here after she is finished :) I love dumping the cups out in the sink and leaving the lemons in the sink. Whenever hot water is run....ah, the smell of lemons lofts through the air! I keep those lemons in there until they get gross, or she brings another cup of iced tea! I'm too practical and cheap to buy lemons just to make my sink smell good so I always look forward to iced tea season. I love a slice of lemon in my water or club soda. It makes my heart happy and my stomach feel loved. Sometimes I resort to the True Lemon packets that Gene will buy sometimes. The True Lemon tastes okay but not as good as the real thing but sometimes I just need a little pick-me-up so I'll use some in my water or club soda and pretend it's the real thing.

Today, I have no lemon so you here's my packet of True Lemon and my ice water :)

No comments:

Post a Comment