Saturday, November 17, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness-Day 17-A Store

It took me a bit of thinking but then it hit me.  A store.  Easy.   Morgan's Food Mart in Essex Center, VT.  It has since burned down but in 1987 it was a hoppin' fun place.  I was kind of floundering around after college working at a Morgan's in the junction.  Morgan's was a convenience store.  I ran the register and stocked--all that kind of retail stuff.  It was a good job to have because it wasn't very hard and was close to where I was living and my co-workers were cool.  I had lots of time to hang out with friends and party. 

For some reason or another, I started working up at the Essex Center store.  They had a gas pump there and I had to learn to pump gas as well as do all the other stuff.  Anyway, there was a cute boy/young man that worked there that I thought was kind of cute.  Even though I had a boyfriend I still kind of liked the guy.  One night my stupid boyfriend didn't come to pick me up (with MY car) so the cute guy said he'd bring me home.  We ended up going to get some beer (I bought because I was legal and he wasn't--although he will argue that he was able to buy beer at a bunch of different stores albeit not legally).  We drove up to Bolton somewhere, parked and drank beer.  I even peed behind his truck. 

He eventually brought me home.  I guess I eventually broke up with the other guy and moved in with a friend of mine.  The rest is history.  Guess who the guy was?

Yes, it was Gene.  If it wasn't for that store we probably never would have met, dated, gotten engaged, married, bought our house and had Casey and Colin.  I can't imagine those things not being a part of me, so I am very thankful for Morgan's Food Mart!



1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am thankful for my brother of course, and that he met you there and married you!! LOVE YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete