Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness-Day 11--A tradition

We have many traditions in our family--nothing grandiose or really unique but there are several in my head that I'd like to share but I will only write about one.  I love when we go to our 'point' (an area of our property that is part of a triangle of land we own) and watch, Rolling Thunder ride in with Gene waving the American flag and the boys watching and waiting for the bikers to wave and honk at them, I love taking first day of school pictures, I love how we use a candle snuffer with the boys to put out birthday candles, I love how Aunt Chris makes Swiss Corn Bake, and cranberry nut bread for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. 

The tradition I'll write about is coming up next week.  It takes place on Thanksgiving Day.  We'll let the boys sleep in a little bit but then wake them and bring them out to the living room by 9:00 so that we can watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in our pajamas.  Gene and I will start the turkey and fuss around in the kitchen but the best part is when we just stop and watch the floats, the balloons, performers and the spectators.  Casey loves all the music acts and Colin is always excited to see Ho Ho at the end.  Then we'll watch some of the National Dog Show.  Simple but special.

No comments:

Post a Comment