Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness-November 6- a pair of shoes

I'm not one of those women who have a thing for shoes. As a matter of fact, Gene probably has more shoes than I do! But I am thankful for my first pair of Crocs. I may get the story wrong, but this is how I remember it. I became friends with a fellow SMA mom. She was new to the SMA world and we became friend through an SMA chat list. We got the chance to meet in August of 2005 in Virginia Beach when there was a gathering of SMA families. Anyway, we became good friends and chatted on the phone regularly. One day she mentioned these Crocs that she had that she loved. She was surprised that I hadn't heard of them yet. She told me how comfy they were and they were so nice to slip on, etc. She asked me for my foot size. And, then, Voila', one day a box arrived and I had my first pair of Crocs! Since then I've had several pairs. I've even had some 'fake' pairs. I've liked them all, but, somehow, I'm partial to my very first pair from Kim Ruisch Sykora :) Thank you, Kim!


No comments:

Post a Comment