Monday, January 3, 2011

A Monday

It was a good kind of day. Nothing extreme in either a good or bad way.

I was kind of worried because Casey got a little anxious and teary-eyed when he was rolling out the door this morning and I kind of laughed at him and pushed him out the door! Julie gave me a warning look, but I couldn't help it. So then I worried that I set him up to have a stinky day but he ended up having a good day. Whew!

Casey actually signed into the school network today all by himself with his password. That's huge for him! He did it with scanning but he had to use the key board and that's a big step for him!

Power chair is still giving us fits. Supposedly, it was fixed so that he could use the proximity switch through the Plexiglas on his tray, well, it didn't work today when he tried it. Back to square one for the hundredth time.

Colin had his new teacher today. The regular classroom teacher has been on maternity leave and is back. The sub and the regular teacher are going to job share and it sounds like a good solution for everyone. I think he had a good day. I didn't catch Priscilla before she left. I mostly heard him 'cooing' a lot through the monitor.

I'm not even sure what I did today. I guess I did a lot of puttering. And I did take a nice nap with Moxie.

Julia was here for a bit and did her thing.

Gene had a holiday today so he spent the afternoon out and about doing whatever it is that he does ;-)

Casey had some down time in his room after school, then had a shower and got in snuggly PJs. He wanted to watch some football but Colin had hogged the TV in the living room and I hogged the one in the yellow room so he got stuck watching a video in the wish room--but he was happy!

AC spent some time with Colin. Colin doesn't always reciprocate like Casey does because he is so fixed on his cartoon programs but she snuggled in with him and half napped while keeping him company.

Oh, Julie brought me some peppermint bark that she had bought from Costco...Yum. Peggy and I were talking about how we hadn't had any this year--or even seen any, so I was quite happy to have some. I'll even share it because there's quite a large bag full.

Right now I'm watching Enough Already with Peter Walsh. I liked him when he was on Clean Sweep so I'm glad to see him on a similar-type show.

Random pic of the day:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the peppermint bark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thanks for sharing the peppermint bark with me.....NOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete