Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone who reads this blog (and to those of you who haven't found us yet, too, LOL!)
I've used Live Journal for blogging since 2005, I believe, but my new plan is to use this format since so many more families use it--so we will be found easier. I hope I can get used to it!

............

We had an upside down New Year's last night. I stayed awake later than Gene!! Neither of us made it to midnight, but that's okay. The boys actually didn't fall asleep until about 11:00. We brought the boys into bed right before Brooke came at 10:00. After getting them all settled, Casey wanted "drawers." And then they had to read one book. "Drawers" is when Brooke goes through multiple drawers of the boys treasures and they play with them all. Colin's favorite is the different 'mood' readers (pendant, stone, ring, fish) that tells his mood and/or fortune. Casey likes when Brooke does silly stuff like putting plastic sea creatures all over his head and arms. Go figure; that's my boys!

It's quiet this morning. I like it.

Still lots of Christmas to put away. And, it's time to go through the boys' game closet and give away some of their games/toys so the new ones can fit!

...........

Casey had a fun day yesterday. Julie and Joseph (her 12 year old nephew whom we've know since he was little) came and picked up Casey and Nancy H and headed to the mall. Everyone came home with tons of goodies! Nancy bought Casey two winter hats; a Boston Red Sox one and a UVM one. They were a steal at Lids for $5 each! Julie got Casey a Red Sox winter hat that looks like a baseball cap. AND, he got Don't Wake Daddy. I know, I know, a very young game, but the boys like being silly and they've wanted it for a while. Julie got it on sale at Kohl's for $10 and she used her Kohl's cash. (Nice nurses we have, huh?!) Casey spent some of his money on a used Sponge Bob Wii game from Game Stop. Joe bought some stuff and Nancy and Julie did, too.

Colin spent the day with Lauren playing Wii, and I mean ALL day. He is a Wii-Head!

I did my usual 'trying to organize' and put Christmas stuff away. Julia was here and helped. She also did some cleaning in the Wish Room which really needed it badly.

Gene, well, not sure what he did. He was gone most of the afternoon. He came home and messed up my kitchen. He did make some killer shrimp dip and Tom's Special Bean dip (with burger and pepperoni and cream cheese...).

Aunt Chris was here and brought some Chex Mix, chocolate tarts and fresh pineapple.

We had a lovely smorgasbord for our Happy New Year celebration.

Gene popped a couple of poppers at random times. No real countdown or party hats for us this year.

..........

Hmm, 9:14 and all are sleeping. Let's see if I can get a project done before the crew wakes!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year O'Neill family!!! I hope that you 4 have a great year, with many blessings, happiness, health and love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the new blog! Hope that your 2011 is 8 million times better than 2010. Perhaps we can spend time together in VT, MA, or NY! Only 22 days until Casey's birthday!

    ReplyDelete