Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last day before school starts!

The boys want to get lots of computer and wii in today since school resumes tomorrow. Goal for the day is to teach Nana H how to play wii!

...........................

Whew. It seems like all I did was go, go, go today and nothing is completely done. I hate that!

Casey had a little bit of a restless night as the night nurse kept fiddling with him to try to get his respirations down. I finally said to give him some Tylenol and when she told him, he immediately went down to 15! She's not here that often so I sleep on the couch in the living room so that I'm available. She only woke me that one time but I felt like I didn't sleep much. I didn't even take a nap today so I deserve to go to bed early (if you're reading this, dear).

I broke Nancy in with wii bowling. She finally got the hang of it and almost beat me! I think if we start slowly, she'll eventually be able to play the more complicated games.

Then we finally tried Casey's Oceans game. It's really cool and intricate. There's a lot to explore and learn. I think that Casey should get to use it for some credit in science! The funniest thing is that we got GENE to play. He did it for quite a while and he caught on quickly.

Casey's favorite part of the day was watching the Patriot's. He also liked watching the sports talk station.

Colin's favorite part of the day was playing wii baseball with me. He liked it because I kept yelling at my fielders.

Gene's favorite part of the day was probably sleeping in, or eating Julie's oyster stew or his homemade turkey soup.

One of my resolutions is to get outside for at least a few minutes a day (I flunked Day 1). I spent a few minutes cleaning out my car (found some weird stuff in it from when Peggy used it while she was here) and wiped the dash and shook out the floor mats. Then I took out some of the junk that has accumulated in the van and wiped that down a bit. Thrilling, I know!\

Worked my butt off boxing up Christmas books, CDs, odds and ends and there's still more. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. what WEIRD STUFF did you find in the car from when I used it???????

    ReplyDelete