Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Kaitlyn Pas

Kaitlyn Pas earned her angel wings this morning. She was 8 years old. She had SMA type 1 like Casey and Colin. I've 'known' Kaitlyn (cyberly anyway) since she was an itty-bit. For several years we were Secret Santas to Kaitlyn and her big brother, Liam. We always had fun picking things out for them! Kaitlyn will be missed greatly by so many people. She is very loved. I ache for her family and caregivers and friends. And, I feel a special ache for her baby sister, Dawn, who will grow up without her big sister.

http://www.oursmaangels.com/kaitlyn/




I write about Kaitlyn because I "knew" her for so long. Three other SMA kids earned their wings this past week (just that we are aware of) and I didn't write about them--not that I didn't care or that their deaths didn't affect me, but I didn't "know" them as well as Kaitlyn. But my heart can almost touch the hole that these deaths have left in these families. It hurts to see that hole in my head but I can't quite let my heart feel it.

Casey is going to be 14 on Sunday. Why have we been so fortunate as to have him for almost 14 years? I almost hesitate to write this because tomorrow is another day and who knows what the future has in store for us; any of us. It's just so confusing some times. Sometimes I feel like I have everything under control and then a day like today happens, hearing that another one of my kids is in Heaven, and nothing seems clear.

I know it can be a tough life to live having SMA. I see it every day times two. I am so thankful that my boys have been so 'healthy' and have done so much and enjoyed so much despite so many physical obstacles.

Kaitlyn, and all the SMA Angels; you will be missed and not forgotten.

MJ created the following picture...

2 comments:

  1. Very well said Sue! with the exception of the times 2 part -- I could have written the same... fly free beautiful Kaitlyn . . .

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is so sad, even though I may not see in person most of my SMA family, they have been and always will be my family. Cherish every min of every day!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete