Thursday, August 6, 2020

SMA Awareness Day #6

I didn't think too much about which shirt to wear today because I just grabbed the top of my pile because I was rushing to get ready as Casey had an appointment at the hospital this morning. But, it is one of my favorites.  I have this orange #CureSMA shirt and a blue one.  I had a purple one but I trashed it with bleach so I just ordered another.  I hope it comes before the end of the month!   Orange and purple are the colors of Cure SMA so I like wearing them, especially during SMA awareness month.  

****OH and this Saturday is the annual candle lighting!****

Here we are at the hospital. Casey had an infusion today to help increase his bone density and treat his osteopenia.  Years ago he and Colin had an infusion of a medication that took hours to deliver and had to be given over two days.  This medication was given over a half an hour and didn't require any blood test before hand,either.  The nurses were very nice and efficient.  The worst part was waiting for the IV nurse to arrive.  She got him on the second try.  

Gene dropped Nurse Staci, Casey and I off and he drove somewhere and found some wifi and did some work.  He also picked up a pizza from Marcos :) We arrived at 9:45 and hit the van by 12:15 so that's not too bad.  

Casey had a shower to get off any hospital germs.  I took a quick nap. I am always so drained after being in that place.  OH, we saw our old nurse, Karen, so that was cool. 

Casey started feeling yucky.  We were warned that after the infusion you could feel symptoms similar to having the flu; achy, tired, etc.  I hope that since he has had a similar med before that it wouldn't affect him but it did.  Each time he gets it he should have less affects. 

Reading group was fun today.  We have a new participant and it was great to have her.  I think she'll be a good fit in our little group. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the infusion made you feel cruddy, Casey. That's stinkful. Hope each time it gets milder and milder until: Ya don't even bat an eye afterwards. For now, hope you're feeling better SOON.
    BTW: You know some folks pay MEGA BUCKS for curls like yours. I've always thought it goes with your "creative professor" look (with fun thrown in for good measure, grin)

    Hope the nap helped, Sue.
    What are you all reading these days?

    Much Love, Warm Support and Prayer-songs,
    Lu & Mocha

    ReplyDelete