Saturday, August 1, 2020

SMA Awareness Day #1

It's been hard to blog since Colin died.  I felt like writing about our lives afterwards would emphasize him not being part of the family anymore since he is not physically with us.  It's true, he's not physically here with us but he is still with us in our hearts every second of every day and in everything we do.  So, I'm going to try to get past that and start blogging again.  The memories that are evoked by reading past posts are so comforting and usually can make me smile.  I want to do more of that. 

Today starts SMA Awareness month. As SMA families usually say "every day is SMA Awareness for us."  Let's then say that this is the month that we try to spread awareness as an entire community.  AND, next Saturday is the world wide candle lighting.  More on that later. 



SMA Awareness Day #1:

Wearing my SMAMomStrong; Stronger Together shirt on this 1st day of August.  

I guess it's not a secret that we have a group for us SMA moms :)  It's a safe place for us to share, vent, support, etc.  So, of course we needed a shirt to reflect what this group means to us.  One of the moms has a business of selling apparel, mugs, signs, etc that was started in honor of their baby boy, Jack.  Jack had SMA type 1 and passed away in 2011.  The mom offered to create logo and produce shirts for our group.  I think they turned out great!  I also have a long sleeved, lightweight hoodie which I look forward to wearing this fall. 

Check out Jumping Jack Apparel and click on the About Us tab to learn more about Jack Jack.  💟

................

Just a recap of today's highlights.
Got two loads of laundry on the line today!  Beautiful day, albeit a bit hot but not unbearably so.  I also did a little dead-heading of my poor plants that are still hanging on and a little weeding out front.  Nurse Julie came at noon and woke up sleepyhead.  They did their thing.  Aunt Chris came in the afternoon.  

Big happenings next door.  Big party that's been in planning for ages as it got postponed due to Covid.  We knew the secret which was that Leland was going to propose to his girlfriend.  Casey has been obsessing over it for awhile.  He has a crush on Nicki.  Aunt Chris, Casey and Julie head over and found a spot outside their yard, under the big weeping willow where they had a good view of the band.  Gene and I headed over closer to when the band was to start at 3:45.  We brought some chairs and some cushions.  It was nice because we had a little breeze, could see and hear well, but we weren't near anyone.  No one wore masks. We stayed for the whole first set and I videoed the proposal.  She said, "yes!" Headed back a little after 5.  Poor Jaxon had his supper 5 minutes late.  

Watching Red Sox now.  So happy to have baseball even if it's a short and very odd season. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,
    So good to see you here again. Yes, I imagine it's bitter sweet.....I feel Colin is very much here, too....at this blog site and in all our lives.
    I never liked Halloween until that rascal's love for it rubbed off on me. He got me to make Halloween cards for all of H&H back in the day. I'll still notice a particularly cool costume or decoration.
    I miss Casey giving us all problems to solve over on fb....trying to figure out what movie or actor he was referring to. It was great fun to see all the folks who'd join in. It is because of him that I still work on laying on my stomach. Who knew such an every day thing was actually an amazing gift?!
    Sending loads of love your way...each of you are in my heart always.
    Love and Prayers and Happy Tail wags,
    Lu & Mocha

    ReplyDelete