Wednesday, August 5, 2020

SMA Awareness Day #5

Today's shirt is brought to you by Laughing at my Nightmare.  Shane Burcaw is a guy living with 
SMA type 2. To sum Shane up in a paragraph on this blog would be shameful.  He is so much more than one little paragraph in my blog!  He shares everything about his life with SMA; real and raw, the good, the bad and the everything!  He is an author, blogger,YouTuber, Instagramer, motivational speaker, fundraiser and advocate. Casey and I read his first book together and Casey was very enthralled.  He started his second book but Gene kind of put the kabash on it for several reasons.  I will revisit his reasons and then we will decide if he should continue reading it. I won't get into the why's here...But anyway, check him out. He is VERY funny.  He and his cousin, Sarah, started the organization back in 2012. The organization has grown wildly since then. It might be fun for you to check out their website. And Definitely check out Squirmy and Grubs on YouTube. Shane and his fiancee (how do I put the accent in???) candidly share their life together; all the challenges and the good stuff, too!


.......

I went to the dentist today.  They are super duper careful.  I didn't get polished!  I guess that the polishing spews too many droplets so they are not doing them. Thanks, Covid. Stinks. I also will be getting a crown. I've been chewing on one side of my mouth for 6 months. At least I haven't been sensitive to hot and cold like last time.That was awful. 

Casey had a better day today.  He was more his normal vocalizing self and not the crazy yelling like yesterday.  We ended up changing out his trach at bedtime last night because he sounded froggy and I could't clear him.  He had a blob on the outside of his trach.  Wondering if that bugged him and triggered a bigger than normal ANS 'storm.' I've heard that some people get agitated or grumpy and feel out of sorts when they have a storm. 

This afternoon, instead of book group, a few of us joined the Norfolk, MA library for a book reading. Unbeatable Betty is a kids book about the first woman to win a gold medal in track and field in the Olympics-1932!  It was a good reading and discussion.  I love that libraries have fun things like this. I have to remember to look at the opportunities our library has for fun things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment