Thursday, November 5, 2020

Thankfulness Day #5

A sound:

Well, I'm trying to get the sound on here as a video clip but I'm still working on it.  It's a clip of Colin's voice.  I am so thankful that I have some video clips of him.  We aren't ones for taking tons of videos like some do, but I used to use the iPad to catch him talking and also doing his thing in school.  I didn't have a decent cell phone until maybe 5 years ago so much of what I have is from the iPad. Anyway, it's such a sweet sound to hear.  I love when I get Facebook video memories or TimeHops of him. It's hard, sometimes, but I usually end up smiling, at least inside when I view one.  Colin could say "no" sooo clearly.  It was a quick "no" but definitely understood.  He would say, "uh huh" with an up tone to say "yes" or "more."  He could say, "moo" for movie. "Bap" when he wanted his bipap back on.  He could say "mama" and "dada" and "aunt". He would try to enunciate some words or use his sounds in syllables to say a sentence. We didn't always understand what he was saying but much of the time you could figure it out in context of what was going on.  The cutest was when he would say, "Awww, awww". That could mean many different things. It could mean something cute or something he liked, or if something sad/bad happened.  Oh, another of the cutest was when he said, "OH HO." That was his OH NO which also meant something was up/something was wrong.  


I'll work on getting some clips up, I promise.  But for now, here’s a cute pic of Colin  




No comments:

Post a Comment