Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Thankfulness Day #3

 A Color:

That's easy.  Yellow.  Anyone who knows me knows that Yellow is my favorite color. I don't have a lot of yellow clothes, or yellow furniture or a yellow car, but we do have 'the yellow room.' For some reason we have names for many of the rooms of our home that aren't traditional names.  We have Casey's old room (he used to sleep in there), the wish room (Make a Wish transformed our attached garage into a bedroom/swinging room for Colin), the aunt room (a guest room which was used primarily by visiting aunts), and we have the yellow room. The yellow room is a family room where we spend a lot of time,especially in the evenings and on the weekend.  And yes, the walls are a bright, rich yellow.  I've noticed that I've subconsciously placed many yellow knickknacks in this room.  

When I was little, I vaguely remember my mother asking me what my favorite color was.  Maybe I was 10?  I'm sure she expected me to say blue (which was hers).  I wasn't really sure, at that point in time, but I wanted to be contrary so I blurted out "yellow!"  Since then I was committed.  My parents went to Florida and brought me back a bright yellow tee shirt that had Florida written across the front in black letters.  I think I wore that shirt 100 times that year.  

I love sunflowers.  They are my favorite flower.  But I do love daffodils and yellow roses, too.  When Gene proposed he brought me a bouquet of red and yellow roses.  Around our anniversary of our first date and our wedding anniversary, he tries to find me red and yellow roses in remembrance.  

Our house is gray, but we had our garage stained yellow.  I won that one.

Yellow is cheerful, yellow is sunshine. Yellow is energy.  Yellow is creative. 

But, it has to be the right shade of yellow.  Dingy yellow can be the opposite of all the positive aspects of yellow, as I see it anyway.  

Oh, PS My astrological sign is Leo. Yellow is associated with Leos along with orange and red.  Show me a sunflower that is yellow, red and orange and I'm in love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment