Sunday, November 1, 2020

Thankful Day #1

 I had fun with 30 Days of Thankfulness several years ago.  I hadn't found another set of prompts I really liked until I found this one.  It seems doable so I'll give it a whirl.  


A Smell:

Gene made bread in the bread machine and it actually turned out pretty well.  It's been hit and miss over the years. We go through phases when we use the bread machine and then we don't touch it for months at a time.  I have a thing about yeast.  I've not been too successful at baking anything that requires yeast.  But, with a bread machine I have a fighting chance. But back to the smell.  The smell of baking bread is homey.  It tickles my senses and my nose feels happy.  Having a happy nose makes the rest of me feel happy.  Every room in the house that I walked into had the delicious bread baking smell.  I actually walked outside and came back in, just so I could get the smell fresh in my nose again.  Weird-probably. I could even smell it in the bedroom when I went up for the night.  It made me smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment