Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Casey gets his 'live' Beatles fix

Casey has been looking forward to going to the Champlain Valley Fair all summer long--"The Ten Best Days of Summer." (which is actually the symbolic end of the summer since it's the end of August/beginning of September.)  Nurse Julie and he made an unofficial date to go together.  He mentioned it almost every day.  There was to be a Beatles tribute band show and he loves the Beatles so he was excited!

The day finally came.  He has 3 Beatles shirts to choose to wear.  He picked one for day time and one to wear to the show later.

I haven't been to the fair since I went with Colin which was a few years before he died.  I don't think we went in 2014 as there was no good show that year.  Anyway, I can't quite bring myself to go without him.  I have a few of those places/events that I can't bring myself to go to/attend.  I stayed home and binge watched season 2 of Mindhunter and hanging out with Jaxon, Moxie and Nuggie.

Got Casey all duded up and in his chair.  Put his hands in a 'bin-din-do' (Kathy's term for the fabric Velcro straps that can hold his hands in place) and strapped his chair in the front position in the van,and then he and Gene were off. Nurse Julie parked in the Mazza's stand spot and caught their attention as they drove by.  /She followed them in to the fair, so that was good.

Nurse Julie sent me lots of photos so I could keep apprise of their exploration. They met up with Bill and Mrs Wetherbee.  Seems like they were able to do quite a bit before the show started.  Julie had been worried that the handicap area (covered box area) would be full but they had no problem.  They stayed for the whole show, which is pretty good for Casey.  Usually he'd be wanting to go walking around.  I guess all the summer concerts we went to prepared him for staying put and enjoying.

The band was pretty good.  Trevor Contois and Friends, from what I gather, have only been playing the Beatles together for a month or so (I could be wrong) in preparation for this show.  They had all sorts of instruments and a great play list.








Sorry! The pictures are out of order (the ones from home should have been first) but I don't want to mess with the blog too much because I am out of practice and don't want to mess up what I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment