Monday, August 12, 2019

Candle Lighting and 'visit' from Colin


Back in the spring of 2015 I bought a solar decoration for the front of the house. It was a dog, it was blue and it had a motion sensor and it would bark when someone came to the door. I bought it thinking of Colin. We had it by the front door for maybe two years. It stopped barking somewhere along the line. I didn't put it out the next spring so it sat in the back room for a long time. When I was working on the front garden this spring I decided to put it in the garden to give the garden a little whimsy.

August is SMA Awareness month and the second Saturday of the month is the International Candle Lighting which honors SMA Angels and Warriors. This year we thought it would be fun to set up the candle lighting outside in the garden. Nurse Julie and I set up a display of different candle holders and a couple of Cure SMA signs. When it got to be sundown, we brought Casey out and lit all the candles. I took a bunch of pictures from different angles with Casey in the picture and with just the candle display.

Gene, Julie, Casey and I were all standing by the display when out of the blue we heard, “Arf, arf. Arf, arf.” WAIT! It was the blue dog which HASN'T barked in years! I immediately thought of Colin sending us a sign. I'm sure it was him. No one had been anywhere near the dog to set off the sensor, and it seriously hadn't barked in years. It happened a couple of times and I tried to catch it on video but I was never quick enough. But, Gene, Julie, Casey and I heard it. It gives me chills when I think about it.


PS  I just went outside and took this close up picture.  No barking.  I think Colin responded to all of us being there together AND the light and the love from the SMA community lighting their candles...

No comments:

Post a Comment