Saturday, April 9, 2011

School on Saturday

This morning I had to wake the beasts earlier than on a normal Saturday morning. We wanted to head out to school by 10:30 or so to participate in the 8th Grade Boston fundraiser.

Nancy came at 9:00 and I at least had the boys slightly awake. Watched The Lorax (for the 20th time for Colin) while we got ready.

Beautiful day out. Perfect day for the fundraiser. We made it to school in plenty of time to browse around the tag sale and catch the firetruck pull. I'm not sure how many teams there were but they were made up of school kids, teachers, community members, firemen, etc. They had prizes for the teams that made the most money and who pulled the fastest.

We played a couple of games--hole in one golf, and ring toss. We ate hot dogs and cup cakes. Chatted and walked around. I think they made a pretty good amount of money, but it's hard to say.

We didn't win the 50/50 raffle but the woman who did donated $500 back to the class! Oh, and there was also a car wash going on.

We should have stayed to watch the teachers get pies in the faces but we would have had to hang out for another half an hour and the boys were getting restless. I hope someone got some good pictures!

Settled into the living room and Nancy played Toys Story 3 PC game with the boys. I tried to nap but didn't succeed.

Priscilla stopped by with Nicky, one of the 'kids' that I used to work with way back when I was a para in Milton. She brought her talk typer that she uses which was cool. She talks but isn't always understandable unless you know her well. She looks good! They just stayed for a few minutes but it was good to see her!

AC came over. She brought me a Dunkin Donuts iced-coffee. I CANNOT get used to this! One, it's not good for me (too many calories and I don't need the extra caffeine), and it's expensive....so I'm going to try to be good this spring/summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment