Monday, April 4, 2011

Colin is 10!

Yes, my youngest is now in double digits! Both Gene and I can't believe that so much time has passed! In so many ways it has flown by! I still think of Colin as a little guy and he's not--he's a tween now I suppose!

I made Colin's cake in the morning. I usually don't give them choices as to what kind of cake to make but I asked Colin and he had a firm opinion--yellow cake with chocolate frosting--weird because neither of the boys is much of a taster but he said that's what he wanted so that's what he got! I had given Gene a list of what to get and when he went to Price Chopper some of the cake mixes were on sale. He found a yellow one and brought them up to see if they were on sale, but this one wasn't and it was the only yellow mix they had. Luckily for him, he did the right thing and bought it! He knew there would be hell to pay if he brought home anything different than a yellow cake mix and chocolate frosting!

Colin's class had a bit of a different schedule today which worked out in his favor. He doesn't usually get to see them at snack time but today he was able to be on TV school for it so they sang Happy Birthday to him, ate his cupcakes and Scooby Fruit Snacks and showed off their Scooby Doo rubber bracelets. And, the class also sang Happy Birthday during their music class!

Casey had a pretty good day at school.

I ended up making dinner and complained the whole time. I just don't like it. I know I should do it more often but it's hard because the boys are needy that time of day and I have to go back and forth a lot and I get stressed out. But, I managed to make shake and bake pork chops, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but with the phone ringing and Colin owing and Casey yelling and my hands full of breading...well, you get the picture.

While I was cooking, Aunt Chris gave Colin his 'expected' present; Rango Wii. The minute the movie ended yesterday he said "Aunt Wii Rango." She pretty much told him that he would be getting it for his birthday. So, Julie played with them for a while and they had a grand time. It looks like it's going to be a good one.

Gene brought home a balloon bouquet with lots of blue balloons and a helium with Batman on one side and the Joker on the other. He thought it was cool.

After dinner Colin got to make his wish and put out his candles. We've traditionally used a candle snuffer to put out candles since the boys can't blow very hard. The cake was good and Colin tried his chocolate frosting.

Presents came next. I think he was a little overwhelmed. He is the type of kid that gets something and wants to play with it, not one of the kids that wants to rip open more and more and toss them aside to get more and more!

Colin seemed to really like the Small Soldiers figures that I got off of ebay (they were Burger King toys from 1987, I believe). They're perfect sizes for him and he thinks they're cool. He probably thinks I spent a lot of money on them, too, because I told him that he wasn't going to get any because most of the stuff I originally looked at on ebay were hundreds of dollars! He also likes the Scooby Doo TY beanie baby that we gave him. AC also gave him a TMNT wii game, and the Megamind DVD. He got lots of money, too, which he says he wants to use to buy wii games. We opened a few more things but decided to stop because he was getting that glazed over look in his eyes.

Then it was bedtime and the birthday was over! Well, not really because there are more gifts and cards still to open!



Click on the picture to view a slideshow of Colin's big day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Colin, your cake sounds SO good! It sounds like you had a great day! I love that you and Sky have the same Bday
    (thats pretty cool in my book)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Colin's TEN!!! Sounds like he had a fantastic day - so glad to hear it!

    'Lucy'

    ReplyDelete