Saturday, April 2, 2011

Apnea Link

I wore an Apnea Link last night. Our RT had told us about it one time when we were talking about C-Paps and sleep studies. I snore. Yes, I am publicly admitting that I am a snorer; a loud snorer. I like to sleep on my back because then I have two ears open to hear the baby monitor so I can hear what's up with the boys. If I'm on my side, one of my ears is covered so what I hear isn't as clear. I know it's weird, but I've been doing it for years and years and years. I don't think that I have periods of apnea, but I do think my snoring interferes with restful sleep. I was not very thrilled about doing a traditional sleep study and sleeping away from the boys so this is kind of a pre-cursor to a sleep study as it will provide enough information to the doc so that he will be able to determine if a traditional sleep study is warranted.

Our RT brought over the Apnea Link yesterday and gave me a quick lesson. It's pretty easy to do. There's a small unit that gathers the info which you can wear on a belt around your middle. Then there's a nasal cannula attached that you wear and an oxygen sensor that you place on your finger. Turn the unit on and sleep! It was mildly uncomfortable. I think it will give a pretty good picture of my sleep patterns--better than if I was in the sleep 'lab'. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you realize that if you have to have a BAP too, that Colin will never forgive you! After all, he hates it that AC and me have them! :P

    ReplyDelete