Friday, May 11, 2012

VGo and lappie

Today I was Colin's nurse.   He's so funny because he always gets excited when he doesn't have a nurse so he gets me...like he doesn't "get me" all the time, lol!

Got him in his stander.  We're still laying him flat trying to desensitize him.  We actually went up one click so we're making progress and he really didn't even notice.

We got to Skype in on the school today while Emily, Courtney and Fred (IT) had a call with the VGo people and got to see some of what it can do and hear about some of the possibilities.   I think Colin was VERY excited because he was very vocal (to put it mildly) and then he'd be quiet for a bit and then get really loud again.  At first he was closing his eyes but then he got into it and was saying "awesome" and "cool" on his DynaVox and saying "wow" with his words.   He decided that if the school purchases it, that he wants to name it Wall-ee.  

Priscilla and I didn't really get a feel for what it would be like if Colin was able to get the VGo, so I'll be anxiously awaiting feedback from Emily, Courtney and Fred. 

I tried to take a picture of the robot on the ipad on Skype but it didn't come out well. I'm going to post it anyway.

Can you see the robot??


The other exciting news is that Gene decided to get me a new laptop.  We've been looking at Costco and here and there and he found a good deal on an HP at Staples.   It's an HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC.  It's got pretty good specs and so far I like it!  I'm sure what Gene will like the most is not hearing me complain when the plug comes out and the unit shuts off, or me digging for speakers when I want sound, or cursing when I type and the cursor jumps all over.  NO more of that nonsense!  Whoot!  Otherwise, he probably wouldn't have gotten me one :)   I guess I'm calling it a Mother's Day gift--even though he's not my mother, ha ha.

Got two loads of laundry out on the line today.  Beautiful day, although cooler than it looked.  Re-did the Vacation List and printed a copy.  Will start putting stuff together for our trip to MA in ONE week!

Oh, BTW, if anyone would like to donate to FSMA for our walk, here is the link:

I hate to keep asking for donations, since so many of you have graciously donated to our van fund but if you're willing and able to donate, we'd be thrilled!




No comments:

Post a Comment