Saturday, May 12, 2012

planting and ipad

The boys were almost perfect for me last night!  I almost forgot that I was nursie :)   We did have one mishap.  Colin has some overflow of formula in his venting syringe.  He didn't get wet but the comforter did.

I actually got up earlier than I needed to because I was so rested!  Fooled around with my new laptop, started laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, and that kind of stuff while everyone snoozed away.

Julie came at 10:00.  Casey got his shower.  Movies watched. 

Up in chairs and outside around 1:00.  You'd think we were torturing the boys by bringing them out in this perfect weather!  They NEEDED to watch their ipad while Gene and I planted some flowers and weeded and puttered.  Julie kept them happy changing the ipad and taking short walks to break up the 'dreadful' time they were having.  Really, the weather couldn't have been more perfect AND I remembered the sunscreen for the boys.  Julie put up their umbrellas so they were shaded enough but got to enjoy the fresh spring air.  Jaxon came out, too.  When he's got his harness on and he's out with all of us he behaves like a good dog.  He just wants to be with his people!   He had some water and some shade and he got to be near his boys so he had a good afternoon, too.

Oh, and I got another Mother's Day surprise.  A huge, beautiful Bleeding Heart hanging basket.  I vow to keep it alive.  

We didn't quite finish with the front garden so I didn't take any pictures.  Still need to do some mulching and some weeding and it should be pretty nice. 

After we came back in and got settled, the boys played wii with Julie (Casey double tasked with watching his football).  I got in a nap.  Gene headed out for a while.

While Gene was out shopping, I spent the evening, flipping, fixing ows, finding new football YouTube videos, making formula, cleaning medical equipment, and trying to find the Hall Entrance beetle in Wizard 101.  Whew.

Boys are settled into bed.  I wish I had gotten more things done so I could enjoy some down time tomorrow, but beds will need to be changed, formulas, made and 6 loads of laundry folded and put away.  I'm pretty sure Gene will feed me, so that's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment