Tuesday, November 8, 2022

30 Days of Thankfulness: November 8th: A book

 What book am I most grateful for?  There are several, of course, but I think of two.  One is an encyclopedia of horses that I had as a child.  I HOPE that it is in a box up in our attic along with a few other childhood treasures but I don't know for sure.  One of these days I would like to go through every box in BOTH our attics but it's more than a daunting task.  Sigh.  It was a hard covered book, red, I'm sure the dust cover was long gone. It had glossy paper and beautiful pictures of all breeds of horses.  I'm sure if I was able to thumb through the book again, all the breeds and the describing words, would come right back to me.  

Another one is The BoxCar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner.  I read this one way back when I was little, too.  I still have my OG hardcover copy.  It's not a first edition or anything but I treasure it.  It was one of the books that started my love for reading.  I can't even guess how many times I re-read it-maybe dozens???  This isn't a book review so I won't give you a summary here!

 I thought of 2 more!  I will add them!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment