Sunday, November 13, 2022

30 Days of Thankfulness: Abilities

 What abilities am I thankful for?  Today I am thankful for being able to read, and read fluently with decent comprehension and retention :)  I love to read!  I took a break from pleasure reading for quite a long time but have rekindled my love of reading this year.  Reading for pleasure is an escape.  A chance to let whatever is currently happening to take a backseat for a while.  Of course I still manage to keep my ears open for Casey.  My ears and brain have been trained to be able to let go a little and enjoy a book or movie but still have part of me listening for Casey :) 

Reading is also a necessity to make it in this world.  Just today, Gene was figuring out what we needed to do to register the vehicle we are buying/financing.  Trying to navigate the DMV website and find the info we needed is tricky--it takes some digging and figuring out.  For someone who is not a confident reader, something like this would be a nightmare.  And, these days you can't just walk into DMV and get help!  You need appointments, etc.  Ugh.  Anyway, I'm thankful Gene was able to figure out what we need to do.  

Anyway, I am thankful reading is easy and enjoyable to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment