Sunday, May 16, 2021

Cancelled bronch :(

 Long story but I cancelled the bronch for Casey.  When the pre-op people called they told us to be there at 6:30AM!  I thought something had changed.  No one could tell me what the actual time of his procedure was.  Come to find out, there really isn't a time set.  Its first case, second case, etc.  But, when the pulmonary nurse called on Monday morning to check what was up, she said to just ignore what the pre-op people said, sigh.  I wish I had known.  When I tried to find out what was up, on Saturday morning-because no one called me back from pulmonary on Friday, I was sent all over the hospital but no one knew anything.  I don't know why I never thought to ask to have the on call pedi pulmonary doc paged.  We're pretty self sufficient and haven't needed things after hours very often so it didn't even cross my mind.  

Anyway, he is scheduled for Monday the 24th and we're to be there at 7:30 AM.  That's early enough for me!  We're way out of practice in getting ready early.  So crazy to remember that we used to have Casey ready by 7:00 AM certain days of the week his last few years of school.  (some days were later).  

Casey has to get another Covid test done.  The same service will come here.  The nurse I spoke with at pulmonary said they had no problems getting into the van to test him but when they called to set him up, they said NO WAY so they have the service coming again Friday at 10 AM.  

No comments:

Post a Comment