Saturday, December 3, 2011

SMC party, no tree

Well, today was kind of a sad day.  Casey did not want to go to the annual St. Michael's holiday party.  I guess now that he's 14, almost 15, he doesn't think he needs to go see Santa anymore.  Colin is still kind of into it at 10, so Gene and Colin headed out while I stayed here with Casey and Aunt Ju.

I was in a crappy mood anyway since I started with a dang cold sore and I was tired from being nurse for the boys last night.  Colin slept pretty well.  I guess he was tired out from being so naughty at school all week.  He even fell asleep before Casey and I can't even remember the last time that happened!  I had Star 92.9 Christmas music on for Casey so that may be why he stayed up.  But, his vent was acting weird, which was bugging both of us.  I had hearing it, click, click, way too fast.  I tried checking all the connections, checking his trach ties, moving his head/chin, giving him big breaths, but nothing seemed to work.  He finally got intto a nice, slow, even pattern after 3:30 or so.

Somewhere around that time, Gene was awake as well.  I said that I was hungy and asked him to bring me a bowl of cereal.  He did.  :)

Around 7:30 AM or so I headed up to bed for a while.  We all slept in until 10:00!

Sausage frittata a'la Gene this morning.  Then it was getting the boys ready for the day.  Colin got a shower and got duded up in handsome clothes (sweater and pants used to be Casey's!).  Sent Gene and Colin off to the party.   AC came and kept Casey happy.  Julia and I did some catching up around here:  laundry, beds, formula, supplies put away, living room pick up, etc. 

Apparently, Colin was not too into the party.  He closed his eyes for just about everything.  He liked his face painting.  And, he did keep his eyes open for pictures by the tree.  He didn't even want to see Santa!  He kept saying, "Mama, Aunt Ju."  I guess he thought something more fun was going on at home!   He wasn't mad or grumpy, just quiet.  Gene said he almost ran off the road because he couldn't hear Colin at all.  When Casey rides--everyone knows that he's there!

Gene took a ride this evening through Milton but didn't get a tree.  Sigh.  So today was a weird day for me.  Cold sore, no St. Mike's party and no putting up the tree after the party.  Bummer.






Colin and his festive tree.




The St. Mike's Tree
Dada and kid.  A woman volunteered to take some pics and after this one the camera died.







No comments:

Post a Comment