Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Hmmm, I writing this AFTER Valentine's Day but I just wanted to document our day.

None of us wore red today. I used to make the boys dress for the holidays but I guess it would be kind of queer/weird for a 14-year-old to have his mother dress him in 'holiday-ish' clothes. Hmmm, note to self-let Casey pick more of his outfits--he is 14 after all!

Casey didn't get to give his card and stuffed dog to Jordon. I guess she went home early as she wasn't feeling well.

Colin's day was pretty good. Priscilla brought over his Valentine box after school for him so he didn't have to wait until tomorrow. He enjoyed looking at all his Valentine's! He wanted to try a cherry dum dum and liked it a lot. There must be a way to put videos on here--I have a cute clip of him with his lollipop. Casey didn't want to try anything but he finally let Dada give him a nerd.








I made a nice table for our supper tonight. I put out the flowered, cross-stitched tablecloth that Grandma O made for our anniversary. I found the Princess House floating candle goblet and set that up. Pink candles would have looked better, but we had to do with red. Gene made some sirloin that was very good and we had baked potatoes with sour cream and chives, mixed vegetables in a light cheese sauce and some crusty bread. Yum. I made my famous frosted brownies with red sprinkles on top for dessert. We actually sat at the table, just the two of us! Yes, we had phone calls, owwwws, pump beeps, etc., but it was still nice.



Oh, and Gene brought me (and his mom) two roses. He usually waits until the anniversary of our first date to give me roses (since they are so expensive on Valentine's Day).

1 comment:

  1. Sue to post a video, click on the icon to the right of the picture icon, it looks like a piece of movie film. The boys look great and your table looks amazing

    ReplyDelete