Sunday, February 20, 2011

I think the worst is over

So, Colin has had a head cold. Tuesday and Wednesday he was binging out his heart rate. We were thinking it was because he was in his stander 3 days in a row. But then, the secretions started. Tons of clear secretions. He never got a temp. Then he was stuffy, stuffy, stuffy. Yesterday, the stuffiness eased up and today he seems better and better by the minute. He even spent some time off bipap today--an hour and a half here and an hour there--when he had been on his bipap constantly since Wednesday. So, I'm sighing a huge sigh of relief that we may get to get out and enjoy a movie or two this vacation.

I thought Casey was getting it yesterday but then his secretions went back to normal. He's been perfect today.

And, speaking of perfect...I just got off the phone with Casey and Julie. They're on their way back from Gospelfest and Julie said Casey was awesome! He was appropriate and no yelling! Proud of my boy! Of course he and Gene wanted to hit some establishments on the way home, but I truly don't think they will :-)

Colin and I have had a quiet time here. I cleaned out the refrigerator and made formula and piddled around and Colin absorbed himself in The Regular Show and some Power Rangers Samurai that I had DVR'd for him. He's happy!

2 comments:

  1. SO glad neither of them are sick!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph had the same stuffiness of the nose coupled with thick, clear secretions and lots of sneezes. I hope nobody else gets sick. March is the dreadful month for Joseph.

    ReplyDelete