Saturday, March 26, 2011

Our Earth Hour

Nancy H, and Gene looked at me like I was crazy when I said we were going to observe Earth Hour while Casey was in the tubby and then had to get a trach change. But, we did it (turned on the light for the trach changing part :-) ) We founds some oil lamps and little kid lanterns and turned off the lights. Casey was already in the tub and thought it was quite funny! Nancy wasn't too thrilled to be reading books to Casey by lantern light but they muddled through. Colin and I got ready for bed via oil lamp. He thought it was kind of thrilling--which is good, because he usually freaks out when it's too dark.

It's kind of wild how much light there is in our house even with the lights off. So many electronics are always glowing! The clock on the microwave, the clock on the stove, the VCR, lots of lights on the boys equipment, oh, and there's even a glowing light on the blender!

This morning both boys got new g-tubes. So far, Colin's hasn't leaked at all. I hope this change will stop the problem. I really don't feel like seeing GI.

Casey also got his trach change.

No nurse so I snuggled down on the mattress in the wish room and finished The Hunger Games. I'm still amazed that anyone would even THINK of such a scenario to write about. I guess it's a science fiction book and I don't usually read science fiction so maybe I'm missing out on some intriguing plots. I want to read the rest of the trilogy but I'm afraid that they won't be as good as the initial book. But I've got to see...

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I may have to check out that book. Do you have a Kindle or a Nook? The Kindle is now the boon and bane of my existence :o)

    ReplyDelete