Saturday, March 12, 2011

beCAUSE craft show

THANK you, Jennifer, AKA Auntie Jenny for your years of support for SMA Support. Jennifer has sold tons (well, maybe not tons but at least one ton, LOL) of knitted hats and given much of her profits to SMA Support which is "an all-volunteer, non-profit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization dedicated to providing information and support to family, friends, individuals and caregivers on all aspects regarding the devastating genetic disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Both Laura (the founder of SMA Support) and Jennifer have been a part of our lives since the beginning of our journey with SMA and we appreciate everything that they do for us and so many other kids!

The kids slept in a bit this morning and then we were running out of time so we had to wake them and start the day so that we could make it out of the house to get to the beCAUSE craft show. My goal to leave was 11:00 and we actually made it out on time!

We met Aunt Chris at St. Mike's. I dropped off our frosted brownies that we had made and then we went it. Wow, so many cool vendors to check out!




We saw so many of our Milton friends/teachers: Meagan and fam, Emily, Tami, PJ, Mrs. V, Michelle, and others. Casey was very appropriate talking with people with his eye blinks because I forgot his darn DynaVox. Casey was a good shopper and enjoyed checking everything out. He was disappointed that there were no boy earrings that he could buy.

Colin was a little bored since there were no movies or wii games to check out so he and Daddy took a tour of the Sport Center. They even got to go into the stinky men's lacrosse locker room! One of the players gave them a tour.

I ended up buying a few surprise things for Aunt Julia to give as a gift for taking care of the cats when we go away this spring (will you do that, AJ????) I bought two pins for my jean jackets but that was about it, I think. I loved everything and wished I could buy something from every vendor! So many great causes were represented and I hope everyone made some money for their charities.

Alaina did really well with her mosaic cards/postcard for NEADS - Dogs for Deaf and Disabled Americans.

We also got to visit with Larry and Greg so that was a good thing! Gene isn't crazy about these events so he likes it when he can chat with some guys about guy things! When we were leaving, two therapy dogs arrived so Gene liked that part, too.

Then we took a photo of the boys with the 'purple knight'.


Then we headed home and got the boys settled into the living room. AC came over and hung with us. I got a nap in upstairs, and AC managed a nap on the living room couch!

We watched this past week's American Idol and then some AFV.

Kariann and I were chatting on fb and she mentioned that she wished she could come with her mom and sleep over again, so I said sure! Impromptu sleepover!!!

Staci and Kariann came at 9:00 and we had the boys snuggled in bed. I put on Shrek-the final chapter or whatever it's called and I headed up to bed. Ha aha ahahahahahahaha! Kariann and Staci had to deal with the boys, LOL! Colin talked to the movie the whole time and Casey grumped some but I think all went well. Colin was SO excited to be able to watch a movie late at night and in bed which is only done on special occasions around here. Next time I'll take a picture of the crew; the boys in bed, Staci in the glider and Kariann in the bean bag all watching the movie!

2 comments:

  1. I love craft shows! And I have missed quite a few of them because Joseph and I couldnt go anywhere by just ourselves on weekends :(
    I love that Casey and Colin get to go out a lot. But I am not loving the spring-forward thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished I could have gone but you know what Roxy did to me. Hey, maybe she can help me take care of the cats? HAHA! I did take Gma and Gpa grocery shopping though and they were very appreciative so Roxy didn't ruin the whole day. :P That stinks that there were no boy earrings for Casey. I wonder where we can find cool boy ones, Hot Topic? Spencers?

    ReplyDelete