Sunday, March 13, 2011

One of those days

Today won't go down in history for being one of our favorites. Nothing bad happened, but the boys were very needy and Gene and I weren't feeling our best. I don't think there was five minutes that I didn't have to fix an 'ow', shut off a SAT monitor beep, take care of a feeding pump beep, take a phone call, etc. This may be TMI but I didn't even get to um, pee, without a feeding pump beeping. Gene and I both got pretty grumpy.

I have no clue as to what to do with Colin. He has been complaining about his back hurting very often, and I mean VERY often. I'm pretty convinced that it's a real pain although sometimes I think that he's just wanting to move and/or get attention. He uses a memory foam mattress most of the time, but when he's in the living room he is just on a plain crib mattress. I don't think X-rays will show anything but we are due to get them done and see Dr. A (ortho) this spring, I believe. I know lots of older kids have issues with pain in the back and hips, etc., so I guess I'll be picking some brains. He gets Ibuprofen every night and that seems to help relax him to go to sleep. I've been giving him Tylenol every down and then for his back pain and I don't even know if it lessens his uncomfortableness. Last night we put the seat vibrator under him and he loved it! Used it again today and he liked it but still had lots of ows. I also used some Burt's Bees muscle cream on his back and rubbed and rubbed and that seemed to help. Sigh. I just wish I knew for sure what it was and how to help him!

No comments:

Post a Comment