Monday, March 14, 2011

Casey survives Nana L and P is back

Casey was a little apprehensive about going to school with Nana L, but I guess they did fine :) Gene thought that maybe she should bring a pulse ox (Casey has a portable finger tip one available at all times but the regular nurses rarely use it) but she thought they'd be fine with the portable one...Poor Nana usually does Colin so her Casey skills are rusty. But, they were fine. He had a pretty good day, although Mel cut him some slack (a very little slack is what I heard from Nana) since he hadn't been in school for a while and because he had a 'sub' for a nurse.

I get to go with him tomorrow! I've been to school and have seen him on special occasions but haven't really spent a lot of time with him at school since he was just a little kid! We're only going to stay for his morning core classes, but it will be fun to see all the kids and how they interact.

Colin was glad to see Priscilla again. She was out for a week! She's still wearing a mask but seems pretty much back to normal.

I guess I was a pretty good nursey. I think there were a couple of times that I kind of 'forgot' that I was on duty, but all went well. We got Colin up in his belly brace and chair for music but he wasn't comfy so we ended up reclining him. He still was able to play the recorder and enjoyed himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment