Sunday, October 13, 2019

Peanut butter and grape Jello pie

Gramma O’Neill gave us one of her Jello cookbooks. I was thumbing through and was freaked out by some of the creations. I pointed out a recipe for Peanut Butter and Grape Jello pie. I was aghast! Gene said it’s like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
I mulled that over for a while. I was cleaning out the baking cabinet and found, not one, but two boxes of grape flavored Jello. It started to sound kinda good to me. I read the recipe and it had vanilla pudding and cool whip in it. That sealed my fate. I had him get some more Cool Whip and a graham cracker crust.
First thing I did this morning was tear up the kitchen making this creation. I haven’t tried it yet but there was some extra pudding and grape mixture left so I made two pudding cups of this mixture (same stuff but without the graham cracker and without the peanut butter) and I tried one. Yum.
I’m sending this piece down to Gramma O’Neill. I’ll report in after I have my dessert tonight!!




No comments:

Post a Comment