Monday, July 14, 2014

summer school flop and Costco

Colin and I tried to do some school today.  He was not so cooperative, sigh.  He has perfected the "zone out" look.  And, we had a really hard time getting his switches to work right.  The other day, we had minimal issues.  I just don't get it sometimes.

I gave up on the DynaVox work and decided to do some PT/OT.  He worked on spilling the beans.  He used his slings (though I need to order him some Angel Arms) to suspend his arms so that he could concentrate on moving his arm, hand and fingers to rock the bean pot and make it spill.  He also has to use his brain to plan and trial and error to make this happen so I'm satisfied that he was at least using his brain.  Then I put his legs in the slings and he moved them all over the place while he watched something on Netflix.  That's about all I got out of him today. 

But he looked cute and he was wearing a tee shirt he received from some kiddos in MA that are part of Hugs and Hope.  They won an AAU basketball tournament and the all signed a tee shirt for him and sent him letters.  I took a couple of pictures of him in his shirt and sent them to the mom of one of the kids.  See how cute???!!!



Casey had his outing with Ashley and Nurse Julie today.  I think it went okay, although Casey kind of froze (well, started vocalizing loudly) when he was supposed to ask for help at Costco.  But he got through it the second time.   He wanted to drive but it was really busy so he shut off his chair, ha ha. 
After they got home, they "processed" their outing and then he was done for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment