Sunday, September 15, 2013

Flu shots and tube changes and sleep

Just a quickie.

Both boys got their flu shots on Friday the 13th.  I hope that's not a bad omen.  Nancy L went and picked them up at Dr. Queyquep's office and gave them.  Casey was a champ.  Colin had crocodile tears in anticipation and then he was completely fine when it was given and over.  He still got a Veggie Tales Band-aide to help him feel better after the ordeal.

Saturday morning the boys slept in until after noon.   CRAZY!  Not sure how much sleep they got but I'm guessing about 14 hours.  They wake a bit with their nighttime cares and such but fall right back to sleep but it's still not quite straight sleep.  I actually was getting a bit bored so I decided to have lunch.  Usually the minute I touch food the boys need something or the phone rings.  Today--nothing.  I ate in peace (except for the cats and dogs staring at me).

Mic-key button (g-tube) changes were next.  Casey's went quickly and smoothly by Dada.  Colin requested me to do his so I tried.  I'm pretty squeamish about it which didn't make it easier.  Gene had to take over since it didn't go in so smoothly.  For some reason Colin's has always been a little trickier to replace.  I still remember the tough change back in 2005 when I was on the phone with Karen freaking out because Gene couldn't get it in.  I have a list of dates/person changing tube/how it went in each of the boys charts.

Casey had a tub bath and then a trach change.  It was about a week early but he had been having some deep stuff so we decided to do it a week early.  Came out clean.  I know it's weird--for those people who know about trachs--but we only change Casey's trach once a month unless we feel something is going on and he needs it sooner.  And, actually, we did do that once or twice this summer and got yucky plugs out attached to the bottom of the trach but that's not a regular occurrence.  

I got a lot accomplished while they slept.  I actually feel good about what I got done this weekend and it's still only Sunday morning.  Gene went out and bought some boards to make the trim and window sills in the kitchen/entryway.  It's only been about 3 or so years since we had the windows replaced.  We'll see how far he gets with the trim.

Colin woke early this morning and was humming to himself for a long time.  Not ready to be up for the day so added a blanket and snuggled him in and he was happy for a long time.  Casey 'blew' at about 9:30 so the day has begun.  Colin requested Batman and Casey requested football on the ipad.  That's where we're at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment