Saturday, August 25, 2012

Successful day

Signed the papers today to refinance our house.  Got an awesome rate of 2.75% at the NEFCU.  ALL of us went as we didn't want to leave the boys home with the nurses since they've been 'tricky' lately.  So, Nancy H, Cristy, Gene, the boys and myself piled into the van at 10:00 and made it to the credit union for 10:30.  We had to wait until 11:00, which didn't make us happy, but glad to have it done.  My friend, Donna, was working teller and I had to wait on line to visit with her for two minutes!  Busy, busy place!  It was nice to chat in person for a bit instead of just Facebook contact :)

While we were in the credit union, the boys and Nancy and Cristy walked over to Buttered Noodles.  OMG, I am so sick of hearing about Buttered Noodles since they sponsor a lot on the radio stations I listen to, but I let them go over anyway :)  It's a discount kids store and I know that's a good thing, but I think it's a dumb name and their commercials grate on my nerves.  That's enough on Buttered Noodles, but I feel better now!

After that, we headed over to Gary's Barber Shop for haircuts.  For some reason, Colin enjoys getting his haircut.  Casey went first and then he and Nancy walked around outside while Colin got his done.  They both look great and are spiffy to start school on the 29th.

Mom and Dad headed back down to Florida today.  Sad to see them go.  Once again, we didn't get to do a lot of the things we were hoping to do with them, but we did have a quite a bit of hangout time and lots of dinners. 

Tried to get the boys to go to sleep EARLIER but Casey bucks the thought of going to bed early and getting up early so he stayed up way past 10:00.  I'm getting very nervous about having to get him up at 6:30 on Wednesday!!!!   And, Colin is starting early this year, too.  We are all going to be a bunch of grumps until we get into the swing of things, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment