Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wheels for O'Neills update!

Well, let's see.  We're making little bits of progress and it's all good!  The kids at Casey's school that are working on fundraising for their community projects are starting to pick up steam.

Cool story.  Gene talked with one of the employees (or owner--not sure) last week when he was gassing up the van.  She commented on it and he said he doesn't like to drive it unless he needs to because it's really for his boys that have wheelchairs hence the lift...Then, he was there again and she recognized him/the van and said, "We have a nice little fundraiser going on inside for your boys.  There's already about $7 in it (the container)."  The kids had just been there earlier in the day and had asked to have the container placed.  Very cool.

I have only heard little bits here and there but I guess the kids bought some containers and printed out the boys picture and wrote something up and made very nice collection containers.  They've been busy putting them around town. 

Saturday was the beCAUSE craft show and Auntie Jenny Hats (AKA Jennifer Knowles/Jenny Bower) sold her adorable, one-of-a-kind, knitted baby hats for the boys van fund.  $100 for the van fund! And, she says she has some custom orders in progress so we will add to that amount.  Jennifer is the best and has always been a huge support to our family ever since Casey was a baby!!

Received our VistaPrint business cards the other day and the Imprint.com Wheels for O'Neills red/blue wristbands today.  The cards and wristbands look great.  I've put a card and bracelet in ziplock baggies to sell for $2 each.  The kids at school are interested in selling them.  I'll also be selling them around here or where ever I may be (not that I get out much, but I'll figure something out!). 

I'd love to do a BIG fundraiser but it's not going to happen this spring/summer....maybe fall?  With all the changes in nursing staff and who knows what we may face with Colin (scoliosis surgery?  trach surgery?) I just don't know how we could get a big fundraiser planned.

We will have a garage/yard sale this summer.  I'd like to incorporate some other small events at the sale like book signing, face painting, carnival for kids, or other such things as well. 

My goal is to have a new van by March of 2013 so that we can drive out to Ohio and see my niece, Jessi, get married.  It's a do-able goal, right?

If anyone out there has any ideas for any fundraisers that we might be able to plan and do, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment