Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our Belated St. Patty's Day

Today was our day for our boiled dinner. We had corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots simmered perfectly by Gene, spotted dick (Irish soda bread with raisins :-) ), and Grandma made Watergate salad (pistachio pudding, crushed pineapple, mini marshmallows and Cool Whip). In the past, Grandpa O has said my Irish soda bread was as good as his grandma's (or some old relative)! This year I put two pieces on his plate. He didn't comment, so I said, "Well" and he said, "It's okay." Wahhhh! Disappointment. I thought it was pretty good! I had to goad him into eating his second piece!

I never put up our St. Patty's Day decorations but I had kept some napkins out so I set the table with the green linen tablecloth, special napkins and my Princess House Candle Lamp with green water so it looked festive despite.

Casey enjoyed watching a couple of different basketball games with Grandpa. They also watched some Gospel after dinner.

Colin was absorbed in watching Teen Wolf and The Indian in the Cupboard--he didn't say much :)

AC didn't come over. She is still recuperating from a full week at school again.

This morning the boys slept and slept. CASEY actually woke up earlier than Colin! He was content to just hang out and doze until Colin got up and we stuck in a movie.

The first full day of Spring is tomorrow. It was sunny and sparkling out but still pretty cold. Gene made a fire to take the chill off and so the furnace wouldn't keep running. We're supposed to get some snow tonight---Hellllloooo winter! You can stop any time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment