Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Lego Movie and Doing up Essex

Today Colin and I had a date.  He's been looking forward to seeing The Lego movie ever since we first saw the trailer ages ago.  And, we've been playing Lego City Undercover so it's really relevant to us, um, I mean him.  Casey hasn't had the best behavior at the movies so he was going to do something else with Nurse Julie.  At the last minute Gene decided he could go for a couple of hours.

We packed pack and got the boys in their chairs.  It was FREEZING.  Is it spring yet????

The whole way down to the theater Colin's vent was beeping.  We tried everything to lessen the leak.  Luckily, I brought a mask with me so I switched him to that when we got there. We went to a 12:05 show so it was very quiet there.  I had to have some popcorn and a red ICEY so I got a small popcorn and a medium ICEY (I wanted to get larges to get the free refills, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it for fear of eating the whole large bag myself).  It was a little awkward pushing Colin with the portable cougher on my shoulder and juggling a bag of popcorn and a drink, but we made it down to the T Rex theater.  We haven't seen a show in there in a couple of years so it was a treat.  It's a pretty large theater with comfy seats, great audio and lots of choices for a wheel chair.  We found a good spot and settled in.  Off with the blanket, coat, hat.  Adjust chair for perfect viewing.  Reposition so he was comfy.  Eat popcorn, and drink magically delicious frozen ICEY.  There were only a couple of other families in the whole theater so I didn't feel to self conscious with Colin's jabbering.  If you've ever watched TV or seen a movie with Colin you know he is never quiet.  He is full of Yays, and OOOHs, and OH Nos, and HA HA HAs.  And then he started with OWs.  I had to take off his AFOs AND socks--if I hadn't, the whole theater would have probably rioted because he wouldn't have let up with his OWs until I did.

The movie was good and Colin really enjoyed it.  I liked it a lot but wasn't blown away.  I was hoping for more "Lego-ness", I guess.  I guess I was hoping it would be more like our wii games.  The end is kind of cool, how they work in the real world with the lego world so that was a surprise.

After the movie we went into the lobby to call Gene and Julie popped in.  Bonus!!  (I needed to go to the bathroom really badly)   Dropped a couple of dollars in the grabber machine but didn't have any luck.

Headed out to the van and there was a snow squall!  By the time we got Colin into the van he was covered in snow!

So then we heard about the exploits of the other three.  Julie and Casey were to go to Big Lots while Gene did some work and had a meeting.  Apparently there was no one on the call so he found them in Big Lots.  Afterwards, Casey and Gene wanted to go to the parts store.




Casey has a fascination with restaurants. He likes to Google Dunkin Donuts, Subways, etc. in different cities.  Weird, probably :)   But he really wanted to go to the Chinese buffet.  So they went in to check it out and of course someone was right at the door to ask "three for lunch?"  So they sat down.  Gene was going to buy Julie lunch but she declined so she and Casey people watched and watched Gene devour his plates of food.  I had given him strict instructions to not go out in public because he wasn't looking his best, but he didn't heed my words.  Oh well, he is what he is :)


Daddy devouring his lunch

After the buffet, they still had time to go visit "Grandfather" and "Grandmom".  Before we left we had asked Casey what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to go to GrandFather and Grandmom's home and go inside.  They were able to go and visit with them but only in the driveway because there's no ramp and they have quite a few stairs. 

So Casey had a grand time and didn't want to go home.

Julie and I got some wii-ing in so Collie was very happy.  Casey Google mapped and did his thing.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment