Friday, February 7, 2014

Scared for a second

This morning I had to go to Kinney's to get some photos printed for Colin's science fair project.  I haven't hardly been out at all lately because of the weather, scheduling, and trying to stay away from sickies.

I did my thing at Kinney's.  Headed home.  Turned left into our road and what do I see???  An ambulance stopped in front of our driveway.  HEART ATTACK!!  I had my blinker on and then after a beat or two I saw that the two people were laughing/grinning so I guessed it wasn't for Colin (Casey was at school).  They pulled back into the road after another couple of beats.  I ran into the house and didn't hear any beeps and saw Gene in the kitchen so I knew for sure things were okay.  WTH???   I recognized the man driver as one of the first responders that came in December when we called 911 for Casey.  Maybe he was telling the other person about the boys or maybe it was just a fluke that they stopped where they did.  Anyway, I was shaking and my stomach wanted to throw up.

Took an early nap and tried to regroup.  The boys weren't very good sleepers last night as they were both restless for some reason.  I finally gave Colin Tylenol and that seemed to help.  Between them being restless and me having a crimp in my neck, laying on Colin's feet two times to make the pulse ox go off, Casey's pulse ox going off because I pulled it off with my foot, Moxie sleeping on my face, and Nugget batting things off dressers--I did not have much sleep.

But, I managed to get up and do the routine; let dog out, feed dog, feed cats, turn on computer and coffee maker, make k-cup, take meds, give Casey meds, etc.  Then I got Gene up (well, actually Jaxon did by jumping on him while he was sleeping on the couch) and we got Casey into his old room and I started washing him up and getting him dressed for school.

Julie came and took over finishing up Casey and I helped Karyna do Colin.  Phew, done, everyone was ready on time.

Funny thing...I was walking towards the wish room and something caught my eye outside.  It was Barry, the bus driver, shoveling a path for Casey :)  Gene had taken my car out of the snow bank and made a mess and Barry must have seen it.  So I sent Casey on his way with two of my homemade rugelachs...one was supposed to be for Julie but she gave them both to Barry.

Oh, and Julie reported today that while Casey was on break today he fell asleep!  He had been grumpy and vocalizing a lot so he had to take part of his break (he gets out of his chair and lays down) with no music, magazines, etc.  She checked on him and he was totally out!

No comments:

Post a Comment