Tuesday, February 11, 2014


It's a cake-for-breakfast kind of day today.

Casey had a little blood in one ear this morning.
Gene is not feeling well.
No nurse for Colin. No Julia coming today.
Gene is supposed to go into the office for meetings today.
I'm supposed to take a nap because I have the boys overnight tonight.
Dog almost knocked me off of my feet earlier.
Colin is high heart rating.
Dropped his 'pickers' (bipap mask) on the floor.
Couldn't connect with his class via Skype for advisory today.

But, things could be worse.
We might not have had cake in the house to eat.
Gene could be too sick to get out of bed.
We could have no nurse for Colin AND no nurse for Casey today.
Gene could have to go into the office EVERY day instead of being able to work from home a lot.
We could have MORE nights uncovered by nurses than we already do.
Dog could have literally knocked me off of my feet and hurt my back...
Colin could be having higher heart rates and tons of secretions and be unwell.
I could have made a hole in the plastic tubing of Colin's 'pickers'.
Skype AND VGo both could not have connected today.

So, it's going to be a GOOD day and I'm very thankful for it!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for cake and coffee to start a less than stellar day!
    Sending extra portions of love your way.......may your gratitude for each little thing be magnified a g'zillion fold until your heart's full to overflowing and beyond.....giving you enough fuel to keep putting one foot in front of the other, until you're putting this day (and your night shift) behind you and are greeting a fresh day.

    Loving you lots!
    Lu
    Lucel-Melody Wings H&H

    ReplyDelete