Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day and a big storm

I got up at my regular time so that I could do my routine and let Staci go.  She had the option of sleeping upstairs in the Aunt room but she thought she'd be fine.  We heard lots of snow plows out and I could see cars moving pretty well on Route 7 and West Milton Road.  I let the boys sleep, of course!

Karyna made it for 8AM.  I was pretty surprised to see her so early.  Nancy H made it for 9:00.  She was not happy but she made it :)  Gene had tons of work to do so he was stressed out working and worrying about the snow and driveway--and then we had a little leak again in the wish room!!  I guess it was warmer than it had been so some of that snow decided to melt into the boys room.  Poop.

I made this for Gene:  A Valentine's Jib Jab 

For some reason I was digging in our old website and I found these:

Valentine's Day 2006

and

SMA Support Valentine's Day 2006

Boys slept in a bit. They did their thing.  Casey got up in his chair and played some computer with Nancy and flipped channels.  Colin watched some movies and he and Karyna played a memory game--I made them use their brains even though it was a snow day! 

Gene plowed some and worked.

I was very surprised that Aunt Chris came over.  She even went to Kathy's and got her nails done and a pedicure!  She really must have wanted to have nice feet and nails for Florida if she went out while a Winter Storm Warning was still in effect.  AND, she wanted to see her boys, of course, for Valentine's Day. 








 Aunt Chris gave Casey Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 DVD and Colin got Free Birds.  We gave Casey the choice to pick the movie we'd watch but he wouldn't pick so Colin picked Free Birds.  It was pretty good, but I didn't watch the whole thing--I had to make formula and fix up their room for bed time, etc., but I'm sure I'll have a chance to watch it again.

Our friend from the corn rows, I mean Indiana, Hannah, sent the boys a fun Valentine's Day package.  Casey got cool dude stickers and Colin got wrestling ones and they each got a bouquet of heart shaped lollipops.  AND, Hannah colored and decorated very cute cards for each boy.  Thank you, Hannah P!!!




Gene wanted to make something a little special for dinner, and um, he tried.  He had picked up a rolled steak with spinach and cheese.  In a perfect world it would have been great, but for me, not so much.  Some of the steak was kind of yucky and rare and there was way too much slimy cheese.  The rice pilaf and broccoli were good!  He also picked up a black forest cake with yummy cherries so that ended everything on a good note. 

Have the boys again tonight--Casey had better be good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment