Sunday, January 26, 2014

We did the mall

I was up earlier than I needed to be today.  Deb was here until 8 AM but I couldn't sleep so I got up and started in on the day.  Made formula for the night at 8 AM.  (Colin's new day starts at 8 PM and Casey's at 10 PM--and they get a certain volume of food in 24 hours)  We usually don't make formula until afternoon but since we were going out, I figured it would be good to get it done early.  Laundry, straightening up, etc.

After Gene got up I took a shower and then it was straight out getting everyone ready as we were planning on leaving to go to the mall at 11:00.  Well, that didn't happen but that's okay.  Nurse Julie did an extra shift today, coming in at 11:00 to treat Casey to some birthday gifts at the mall.  Colin got a shower.  Casey got cleaned up and dressed.  Got everyone in their chairs and BUNDLED up as it was frigid and we were out of here at 11:45.

Met AC at the mall.  Colin wanted to do his regular routine; FYE, GameStop and then hang out with Dad...they usually end up at the food court as Dad likes Taco Bell :) 

Colin found some Skylanders Swap Force on sale buy one get one half off so he picked two.  Didn't really see any movies so he headed over to GameStop.  Casey and Julie were in there and he had picked a wii u Sponge Bob game out.  Colin found some monkey game and Batman Arkham Origins.  I hope Batman isn't too complicated to play.  Colin has watched the walkthrough a couple of time so he may be able to guide us.  We ask him Yes and No questions and he'll answer us and if we don't get it right he'll yell until we do! 

Traded in a bunch of games, pre-ordered the Lego Movie game, picked out one of the bigger SwapForce characters, renewed the Power Up card and we were finally out of there.  I'll say it again--we always have a great experience at GameStop.  The employees are so nice, knowledgeable  and helpful and don't make you feel rushed.

Casey and Julie continued on their jaunt.  Gene, Colin and AC went to the food court and I ran to Kohl's.  I had a 30% coupon in my pocket that was burning a hole.  Headed right to the woman's stuff instead of checking the boy stuff.  Picked up a pair of jeans but didn't try them on (ended up picking up the wrong size) and found two spring jackets that I liked.  I got both!  One is a cobalt blue short lightly puffy jacket, and one is a spring green hip length wind/rain kind of jacket with a detachable hood.  I had been looking for a wind/rain one for a while now, ever since a mouse had nibbled on it a couple of years ago when it was packed in the closet for the season.  I also found something for AC for Valentine's Day but won't write what it is here.

Met up with the food court people.  Colin was happy as a clam playing with Daddy's hot sauce packet.  I got a caramel Coolata which is a splurge for me.  Yum.

Found Casey and Julie and regrouped.  Then it was time to head out.  Julie was proud of Casey as he did some good driving.  He stopped in front of the tee shirt place and said, "tee shirt ...well, I'll have to get the story from Julie again but he got his point across as to what he wanted.  He picked out a black shirt with a Boston Bruins logo on it but with the shape of Vermont in the middle of it.

Home.  Get everyone settled in the living room.  Julie played the new Sponge Bob game and a bit of the Monkey game.  I ended up playing a chapter of Skylander's and it was the hardest yet!  Crazy hard!  We must have killed 12 of our guys before I finally beat the level.

We watched a bit of the ProBowl and then I DVRd the rest.  Even Colin was liking it.  He's been enjoying football these past couple of weeks, now that the season is ending, oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment