Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Back at it!

I've been wanting to get back to writing here every day.  Not sure what stops me.  I always think that I want to go back and write about some special days/events before I start the day-to-day blogging and I never do.  So I will start here.  I was looking for some old pictures of Colin in his stander and looked back at old journal entries from 2006, 2007, etc. and I had many memories sparked by reading them and it's made me want to document more diligently again.  I hope I can keep it up!

Today is Aunt Chris' birthday.  I made a Devil's Food cake from a mix.  Made homemade frosting with Baker's chocolate, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, Madagascarian vanilla and two ounces of cream cheese to add a little zing.  Colin tried the frosting and found it to be pretty yummy.  So I had to make her special birthday meatloaf.  We also had a can of peas (her favorite, although they weren't the baby LeSueur ones), noodles with broccoli and Italian bread. It all turned out pretty well :)

Anyway, I got Colin ready for school and did all the morning stuff and Lauren came to do a shift with him from 10-6.  He was happy to see her. He did stander and was up at 42 degrees for about half an hour.  That extra 2 degrees is a good thing as he's not gone up that far for a while.

I managed a nap :)   Can't believe how hard I slept.  But, first I read some of Emma (Peggy and I are making an effort to read some classics).  I'm glad that I didn't live back in the early 1800s.  Man, all she cares about is who is 'good enough' to marry who and who shouldn't associate with who, etc.  Boring and shallow.

Maria (Casey's SLP/case manager) called today and wanted to know what I thought about him taking Creative Writing instead of Read, Read, Read again.  The more we talked about it, the better it seemed.  Kathy Montague is the teacher and he has her for English 11 as well, so they'll already be meeting, and it will be continuity for him, etc.  I think it could be a good thing.  He seems fine with the idea.

Casey's DynaVox is still doing something weird.  Gene thought he and the rep had fixed it Monday, but it's still not sending words to the Internet like it's supposed to.  I'm kind of confused as to what's going on so we'll see what Paula thinks at school and then I can describe it to DynaVox later today and get it taken care of.  Casey hasn't been able to do his Google Maps for a couple of days and it's driving him batty!

Casey had a pretty good day at school.  He stayed in English a bit longer than yesterday so maybe he'll ease into it okay.

Lauren played some WiiU Rayman's Legends for a while.  It's one of those games that her generation is good at like Mario...I couldn't get past the first little part as I kept dying and would use up all my lives and have to go back, sigh.

Then Aunt Chris played the Lego City Undercover.  It really is a cool game and I'd love to play it myself but it's one that she's pretty good at so I'll let her be the player.  Of course I have to keep my ear out as to what they're doing and have to help out in certain parts so I guess I get to play it and enjoy it, too.

After dinner it was time for cake and presents.  Poor AC didn't get many exiting presents but I used up all my good ideas at Christmas time.   I ordered flowers for her at Centerpiece from Mom and Dad and Gene picked them up.




Then it was bedtime.  We went in about 15 minutes earlier than normal since Casey was so tired.  The boys and I started a new book called Ungifted by Gordon Korman.  I think it might be a good one.  The boys were sad when we finished the Magic Tree House last night.  Found out there's one more out that we'll buy.  Casey says we can use his Amazon card.  I'm glad that both boys like the Magic Tree House books but one of these days they'll have to get too old for them.  They really are already but we've been reading them so long together that it's like "our thing."





No comments:

Post a Comment