Tuesday, December 4, 2012

"Call me, Daniel"





I am very thankful for Daniel being with me in spirit.  Yesterday, our buddy unexpectedly passed away from complications from Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).  He was 6 years old.  I love him like he was my own child--there was nothing I wouldn't have done for him.  His parents, Connie and Justin, doted on him.  They didn't make any decision, small or large, without thinking of how it would affect Daniel first.  They are super parents.   I can't even fathom how they will get through each day without 'Dan the Man.' 

I truly do think Daniel is with me in spirit.   My heart wants to stop and grow cold with anger and grief but this little fluttering spirit is telling me, "NO"!   The fluttering is in my heart and I know it's Daniel.  He's squeezing my heart and telling it to keep beating, keep growing, keep loving.   I sense he wants me to put 110% of myself into continuing to give Casey and Colin the best life possible.  He wants me to make every second of every day count and to make sure they know how much they are loved and how special they are.  I can do that for my Daniel.

I love you Connie, Justin and Daniel!

PS.  My Title, "Call me, Daniel" is from Daniel's talent act at Camp Inspiration.  He and his counselors did their rendition of "Call me, Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen.

This is the last picture I took of Daniel and my guys this July.  
Playing Splashy the Whale!

The boys!
Our families at Camp Inspiration, June 2012

4 comments:

  1. I love you Sue, and of course Casey and Colin and Eugene too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for writing this Mama Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((HUGS)))) I'm so sorry to hear about Daniel, Sue. I know how much you loved him and his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry to hear about Daniel, we will keep his family and also yours in our prayers. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete