Thursday, September 1, 2011

Full day #1 and hair cut

Well, I had a good day; can't say the same for the boys. Casey had a very loud day at school. Mel said that she couldn't really blame him since everything was brand new and very disjointed.

Colin had some good parts, and not so good parts, of his day. He closed his eyes quite a bit and did lots of 'owing'.

I met AC at her house and we went to The Hair Studio. She had her eyebrows done by Kathy and I had my hair cut by Margie. Ahhhh! She cut it in layers and shortened it up a bit and was excited about my 'natural wave'. I never thought of myself as having wavy hair but in my old age it seems to have become somewhat wavy. We'll see how it looks after I wash it and brush it out tomorrow!

Then we went to Chef's Corners. Delicious chicken salad sandwich on homemade wheat bread, side salad and iced tea. We got dessert to go. I picked a triple nut bar---so sweet and nutty and very scrumptious!

I was feeling badly for not buying any new clothes for Casey's start of 9th grade so AC and I went over to Old Navy. I found a pair of black jeans but that's about it. They had way more girls and womens' clothing than boys. I had a $10 gift card so the jeans were $5.

Still had some time left so we hit Kohls. Hit the jackpot there. Found Casey some tan jean-like pants and some gray parachute kind of pants. I also found 2 long sleeved shirts and a maroon short sleeved one. I used my gift card and 15% coupon and got a great deal.

Headed home after that. Oh, wait, I got to see AC's new paint job in her living room. She had 3 walls painted a pretty blue. I helped her put back some of the switch plates and move the china cabinet back into place.










No comments:

Post a Comment