Sunday, July 20, 2014

Swim, swim, tired,tired.

Goal today was to do some cleaning up on the porch and to get the boys in the pool again.  Goals accomplished and now we are beat!  I can't believe how tiring doing a little yard work and getting the boys in the pool can be.  Plus, being out in the sun must have something to do with it.

Darn Moxie 'picked' me with her nails this morning at 5 AM.  I didn't sleep much after that.  Got up earlyish.  Took advantage of the quiet to take care of some things on my desk and pay bills.

Boys slept in.  Stirred them around 10:30 or so.  They watched a movie with Nancy while Gene and I did some things on the porch.  Redid the wood pile on the porch, threw out and recycled some paper/cardboard junk, put things away, swept, etc.  It's a drop in the bucket as to what needs to be done, but it's a start.  Got out the white table and washed the cushions. 

Beautiful day out so we went ahead and prepped the boys for the pool.  Since there was only Gene, myself and Nancy, we took the boys in one at a time.  Colin went first.  He definitely is more trepidacious  than he was last year and he didn't quite "love it" but he did good.  I'm sure he'd have more fun if Casey was in with him another person or two.  He didn't want to try the float but I made him, haha.





 Got Colin out and covered in towels and then it was Casey's turn.  He had started fussing about having to go in but once he was in, he was very happy (except when Nancy was taking his picture). 


I would have stayed in with him longer but my hands were getting tired holding him and Gene was to chicken to put him on the float.  Maybe next time we'll try it when we have more hands. 

Casey got his shower and then Colin did.  Nancy changed the sheets on the beds and we are all sitting here pooped out.  I still have formula to make and laundry to finish and things to pick up around here.  I'm hoping Gene will make something delicious for supper. 

Oh, AC called this morning.  They were going to Denali.  Then she called and talked to Casey later on and said it was cold and she was wearing a sweater.  She said Judy is taking tons of pictures so I hope to see some soon.  Really curious about their trip!  And, I'm sure Peggy is curious because she is heading to Alaska the end of August/beginning of September.


No comments:

Post a Comment